Erosion, Abrasion & Rod Wear Protection
Endurance Technologies Inc. supplies field-proven, patented diffusion alloying technology - EndurAlloy® - for the Oil and Gas industry and applications requiring superior protection against erosion, abrasion & rod wear.
EndurAlloyTM tubing and casing is a product with a diffusion alloyed protective layer, which is 8-10 harder (based on the Knoop or Vickers scale) than steel itself. It is made through diffusion of boron atoms, being in the gas phase, into the steel substrate resulting in formation of a well consolidated iron boride layer providing high integrity and minimal wear of the steel components’ surface that lasts three to ten times longer than regular bare steel production tubing.
The EndurAlloy® surface layer provides excellent protection of tubing, casing and other components against rotating or stroking rod wear, sliding abrasion and erosion caused by fluids with abrasive particles, friction, corrosion and their combinations causing premature failures of steels and ferrous alloys. While maintaining original drift diameter, and possessing proven wear resistance, EndurAlloy® tubing dramatically reduces tubing failures to significantly improve well run-time and well profitability.
Endurance Technologies processes a wide variety of steels and ferrous alloys and types of components for equipment used in the Oil and Gas industry. Other EndurAlloyTM products include: Pup joints, casing, blast joints, sucker rod couplings, spool pieces, ESP stages, chokes, valves, fittings, pump (impellers, casing, stuffing boxes), frac nipples,down-hole tools, and many other assets where wear or erosion is a problem.
- Knoop hardness (HK0.1) 1600-1900 vs. 170-200 of bare steels
- Withstand elevated temperatures up to 400-450oC (depending on application situation)
- Stable low coefficient of friction during long friction modes
- No reduction of tubing ID
- ISO 9001 certified quality assurance
- Proven in-field performance (210,000+ joints deployed since 2010)
- Standard sizes available in 2-3/8”, 2-7/8”, and 3-1/2” (other sizes available upon request)
- Installed above rod pumps, PCP pumps and ESP pumps
- Multiple joints in deviated sections of the well-bore where excessive repetitive wear occurs
- Slant wells, directionally drilled wells and horizontal wells
- At Co-rod/Pro-Rod Connectors
- Severe corrosive environments
- Ideal for “problem” sections